What are cookies?
When we provide services, we want to make them easy, useful and reliable. Where services are delivered on the internet, this sometimes involves placing small amounts of information on your computer, mobile phone or tablet. These are known as cookies. They cannot be used to identify you personal
Cookies are used to improve services for you by:
- enabling a service to recognise your computer so you don't have to give the same information several times during one task
- recognising that you may already have given a username and password so you don't need to do it for every web page requested
- measuring how many people are reading our content, so that popular content can be made easier and faster to use
- analysing anonymous data to help us understand how people interact with the site so we can make it better
What do cookies look like?
If you click on a cookie you'll see a short string of text and numbers. The numbers are your identification card, which can only be seen by the website server that gave you the cookie.
MyNI.life uses a variety of cookies. Our site is built using Drupal in it also places cookies on your computer to make sure it functions the way it should. We have placed links in our MyNI.life pages to social networking websites (for example Twitter, Facebook and YouTube) and also use some third party plugins for added functionality to our website. These websites may place cookies on your computer.
The social networking sites that MyNI.life links to are third party sites and MyNI.life does not have any control over the way that these sites use your data. You should read their respective privacy policies carefully to find out what happens to any data that is collected when you use these services and to consider whether you want to opt out.
Drupal is content management software used to build websites.
Twitter is a social networking service. Users send short updates, or mini-blogs (known as tweets). You can collect followers and follow other users. You can also tag words and search tags to find out what other people are talking about.
- Go to Twitter (external link opens in a new window / tab)
Facebook is a social networking website that has millions of users worldwide. You register and create a profile. You can then add friends to your profile and exchange information with friends. Facebook also allows people to start groups and fan pages as well as bookmarking other web pages.
- Go to Facebook (external link opens in a new window / tab)
- Read the Facebook data policy (external link opens in a new window / tab)
YouTube is a video hosting and distribution platform owned by Google.
- Go to YouTube (external link opens in a new window / tab)
Vimeo is a community of creators with tools for hosting, sharing, and streaming videos.
- Go to Vimeo (external link opens in a new window/tab)
Instagram allows you to capture, edit and share photos, videos and messages with friends and family. It is owned by Facebook.
- Go to Instagram (external link opens in a new window/tab)
Linkedin is a social network for professionals.
- Go to Linkedin (external link opens in a new window/tab)
LuckyOrange allows you to gain insight into all areas of your site's usability with Sales Chat, Recordings, Form Analytics, Heatmaps and Polls.
How to manage your cookies
For information on how to restrict or block cookies on the browser of your mobile phone you will need to refer to your handset manual.
Alternatively, you will also find details on how to restrict or delete cookies on a wide variety of browsers, as well as more general information about cookies, on the About Cookies website.
Please be aware that restricting cookies may impact on the way our website works for you.