The App Map
If you live in any of the 7 council areas listed below you can use the Bin-ovation App:
- Armagh City, Banbridge & Craigavon Borough Council
- Ards & North Down Borough Council
- Belfast City Council
- Derry City & Strabane District Council
- Fermanagh & Omagh District Council
- Mid and East Antrim Borough Council
- Mid Ulster District Council
- Information on what you can recyle from home using kerbside collections.
- Reminders so you never forget which day your bin is collected and which bin you need to put out.
- Opening hours and directions to your local recycling centres
- News on your collections including up to date information on changes to services
- Tips on how to reduce, reuse and recycle
If you live in the Lisburn and Castlereagh City Council area you can use the Binformation App.
- Check when your next bin collection day is and set reminders.
- Find your nearest Recycling Centre, opening hours and get directions using online maps
- Discover what can be recycled at each of the Council’s Household Recycling Centre’s
- Get useful recycling and waste reduction tips.
- Be notified changes to collection services.
If you live in any of the 3 council areas listed below you can use the online Recyling Locator. It’s easy to use. Click on one of the three boxes below and enter your postcode to find out more about waste and recycling in your area.
Unfortunately we’re all getting so used to seeing the terrible images of plastic pollution around the world, that we’re almost becoming immune to them. Even statistics that tell us how EVERYDAY approx 8 million tonnes of plastic finds its way into our oceans, have lost their ability to shock. That’s why we created #OneSmallThingMyNI to highlight some of the small everyday things you can do to reduce your use of plastic in the hope that together we can motivate and encourage others to reduce, reuse and recycle too.
You local council has a number of Household Recycling Centres (HRCs). Most can recycle paper, glass and plastics (just like your kerbside service) but you can take much more than that to your local HRC…