We are committed to protecting your privacy. If you have any questions or if anything is unclear to you, please email:
Data Controller Name: Department of Agriculture, Environment and Rural Affairs
Data Protection Officer Name: firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also contact the MyNI team by email: email@example.com
Under the Data Protection Act 2018 (DPA) and the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), MyNI.life has a legal duty to protect any information collected from you and to advise you on what data is collected and how it is used.
Why are we processing your personal information?
The MyNI website and social media accounts are part of an initiative from Northern Ireland Government to use digital marketing tools and techniques to bring public sector information and services to the people who could benefit from it.
We gather and use aggregated, anonymised information about individuals. We use this information to better understand how visitors use this website which helps us improve the content on the site. We only collect the minimum information necessary for this purpose.
What information does MyNI collect?
MyNI collects several kinds of information from visitors to the website:
- feedback (through visitors emailing us and through comments they provide against content)
- customer satisfaction surveys (via online surveys)
- opinion (via online polls)
- we collect your email address and name if you opt in to receiving our emails
The MyNI website has been created using a content management system called “WordPress”. Other functionality is built in using plugins and service partners.
We may use the following third-party service providers to process and store your data:
- Google LLC, which provides our Analytics service and Tag Manager to help us measure the performance of this website. The usage data collected may include information such as your browser type, browser version, the pages of our site that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data. All data is aggregated and anonymise.
- WP Engine which hosts this website.
- WordPress whose software (and associated add-ons) we use to manage the content of this website.
We will not share personal information with any other third-party unless we have your permission or the law requires us to.
Any personal information we hold is stored and processed in accordance with the UK’s Data Protection Act 1998 and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
What categories of personal data are we processing?
We do not collect any personal data from you when you visit and read content on the MyNI website. If you subscribe to our email newsletter(s) we will collect your email address in order to provide the service(s) you have opted in to. This data will only be held for as long as you have opted in to the subscription.
In all other instances we do not collect personal data, but process aggregated anonymised data that have been collected by third parties (such as Google, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube, LinkedIn) in order to evaluate the success of our digital marketing efforts, so that we can continue to improve our service to you.
You can view their respective Privacy Policies below;
Site usage information
A cookie is a small file stored on your computer or device, which enables our website to identify your computer or device as you view our website pages. Cookies allow websites to store your preferences and track how websites are used.
- Record website usage data
- Identify whether you are signed into our website
- Test content on our website
- Recognise when you return to our website
You can find more information on these cookies on the following MyNI page:
What happens when I link to another site?
Our website may contain links to other websites, for example, government departments as well as other organisations. We have no control of websites outside of MyNI.life We are not responsible for the content of other websites, or for the protection or privacy of data you submit to them.
When you are moving to another site and read the privacy statement of any other site(s) which may collect personal information about you. We do not pass on to any other site any personal information you have given.
What happens when I come to the MyNI site from another site?
Where you are directed to the MyNI site from another site (whether a third party site or a government site) MyNI may receive personal information relating to you from the other site(s). You should read the privacy policies for these sites as these will govern the use of any personal information that you provide and which is then provided to MyNI.
What rights do you have?
- You have the right to obtain confirmation that your data is being processed, and access to your personal data
- You are entitled to have personal data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete
- You have a right to have personal data erased and to prevent processing, in specific circumstances .
- You have the right to ‘block’ or suppress processing of personal data, in specific -circumstances
- You have the right to data portability, in specific circumstances
- You have the right to object to the processing, in specific circumstances
- You have rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling
How do you complain if you are not happy?
If you are unhappy with how any aspect of this privacy notice, or how your personal information is being processed, please contact:
Data Protection Officer Name: Jenny Lynne
Telephone: 028 9052 4961
If you are still not happy, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO):
Information Commissioner’s Office
Tel: 0303 123 1113
Changes to this privacy notice